We are grateful for this sweet pup. Zoey has brought so much joy to our lives in the last 6 years. While we didn’t adopt her until she was just over a year old (more on that here), she’s a part of our family and we love her so much!
Call me crazy, but I believe dogs are a gift from God and reflect His character in so many ways. I love this article from Belief Net that describes these 6 characteristics and how they are reflected in God and dogs alike:
- Faithfulness- God is faithful, true to His character and never changes.
- Acceptance- God accepts us how we are, where we are. It doesn’t matter to him what we’ve done or how we look. He knows we don’t have it together… and if we admit that, He can do an amazing work in our lives to provide us peace that surpasses understanding.
- Playfulness- How creative and playful is a God who created nature and the platypus? 😉
- Joy- Our Father provides so much joy in our hearts if we allow him. Dogs can’t hide their feelings.. the joy they feel to see you is evident at their wiggling butt and wagging tail. Same goes for those who trust in God… minus the wiggling butt (most of the time lol)
- Courage- God is our protector and shield. It always surprises me to see Zoey’s instinct to protect and guard the house… as silly as it may seem, when I watch her do this, it gives me a tiny glimpse of how our Father protects us- even in circumstances that we don’t understand.
- Love- Dogs are some of the most loving creatures I have ever met (much more loving that us humans!) It gives me another tiny glimpse into how much unconditional love God has for us.
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day, I know Zoey will after enjoying a sweet treat from 3 Dogs and a Chick! 🙂